30 min Difficulty
For the cake:
- two cups of sugar
- half teaspoon of vanilla extract
- two eggs
- half cup of butter
- half teaspoon of baking soda
- half teaspoon of salt
- two cups of flour
- one teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- one and half teaspoons of cinnamon
- six cups of chopped and peeled tart apples
To prepare the butterscotch sauce:
- half cup of packed brown sugar
- half cup of cup heavy whipping cream
- a quarter cup of butter
- In a generously sized container, add and mix the butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Then add the eggs, always one at a time, stirring well throughout the process. Then add the flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. Little by little we have to add it to the cream mixture and stir well, resulting in a rather rigid mass. Then add the apple until a good mixture.
- Distribute evenly in a baking dish (previously oiled) 13 X 9 inches. Then bake at 350-360 degrees for about 40 or 45 minutes or until the top is browned and spongy. The next step would be to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
3. While the cake is cooled, in a small bowl, we mix the brown sugar and the butter. This mixture should be cooked over medium heat until the butter is completely melted. Slowly add the cream. Finally we bring it to the point of boiling (always on medium heat), if forget to remove. Remove from heat and serve as a side dish.